March 7, 2011

Daydreaming... Again

It is 4:00 PM on a Monday afternoon, and I have a math problem set due at 7 that remains untouched. It is not so much that I don't want to do it, I am just having a hard time focusing and being motivated since the combination of all 12 of my homework assignments only add up to 2% of my overall grade. Not the best incentive to do the work...

Plus, I am just feeling content/thoughtful. Spring Break is less than 2 weeks away, KD Big-Little Week just finished, and I dropped Chem (for my own sanity - I'll take it next Spring instead). I am thinking a lot about the future. I do that a lot, don't I? Jackson and I drove to Syracuse on Saturday so I could get my military ID. I must admit, even though I am pretty sure that I wont be in ROTC next year, that ID card is pretty legit. I feel kind of BA with it in my wallet, haha. Anyway, the drive was the most pleasant break from everything. It was so nice to get off campus and talk about everything. We came to the conclusion that Cornell offers too many opportunities to not take advantage of being here, even if that means not being in ROTC (Navy OR Air Force). Jackson - being the wonderful person he is - also had to convince me that it is really ok to not follow through with everything I've started right off the bat. College is the time to explore and change and learn about yourself even more than learning about an particular subject. There are so many things on campus I want to do - Cornell Consulting Group, Interfaith Youth Core, Tour Guide, write for the Daily Sun... The options are endless. I also am considering doing a Co-Op work program, but I have to look into that more. The important thing is that I maintain balance while exploring. I am really excited.

We got over a foot of snow overnight last night and it really made me miss Vail. I hope to get back there at some point...

Anyway, I think I might maybe need to get back to work. I have a lot on my mind and a lot to say so I'm sure I'll be back soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment