April 1, 2011

Facebook Rant

I have a (relatively) firm one-status-a-day stance, but some days, a girl just has a lot to say! For now, here is what *would have* been by second status update of the day:

I get kicked out of the Engineering Library on a Friday night as my parents are headed to an Ole Miss Engineering promotion event... My mom's response to my situation: "You wouldn't have gotten kicked out of our engineering building, you would have been offered beer and bbq!"

I stick to my policy 99% of the time, even on days like today, because I hate when people mis-use Facebook. Particularly status with NO point like: "Just woke up." Unless that is at 4 pm and has obvious humor, NO ONE CARES. Also people who let you know where they are (unless, like before, it has some humorous significance or attached anecdote). People are not your friend to hear what you ate for lunch or where you are studying. Also, I hate whiney, self-pitying status. Unless it is very justified and people will understand/lament with you (i.e. "Come on Ithaca, another rainy day?"), again, NO ONE CARES. And besides, why not be positive anyway? Geez people. Facebook does not equal diary. Mkay thanks.

Just had to share that! I thought I'd try out Twitter since that is where it is acceptable to update more than once a day but I am laboriously long-winded and 140 characters or less is so not my style.

Back to Linear Algebra! Yaaaaaaaaaay Cornell Engineering ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment