November 18, 2010

The Emily Itinerary

In four-point-five hours, Emily Ann Domke will land in Ithaca, NY. I am so excited.

I have received some amazing texts from her recently, including a running hourly countdown (starting as far back as 75 hours in advance), as well as "Start spreadin' the news... I'm leavin' today... I gonna be a part of it, Cor-nell cor-nellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!" and, my personal favorite, "And I would fly to detriot, and I would fly to Ithica, just to be the girl who took two flights and showed up at your dorm! Dada da da! (Dada da da) dada da da! (Dada da da) da da da da da da da dadadada!" Those have been quite cheerful texts in the midst of the current chaos I call my life. Ha.

So here's the plan. This weekend is going to be madness, I have no idea when I'm going to get to do next week's homework, and I am going to be utterly exhausted on Monday... But it's all worth it.
Thursday (18 Nov):
Math discussion & OR lab currently stand between me and Emily. I'm picking her up at 4, coming back to Balch to drop off her stuff, and going to Appel to eat with Lisa, Beth, Paige, Nick, Steve, Charlie, and Josh. Then I will do some mad cramming and go to my MATH 1920 -Multivariable Calculus prelim. Following that butt-kicking experience (my goal is no lower than a 50%!), Emily and Paige will meet Lisa and I and we will stroll down to the legen-wait for it- dary Insomnia Cookies for chocolate chip amazingness. Then back to Balch for an ironing party, come work, and then sleep!
Friday (19 Nov):
Emily and I will go to my 8 AM math lecture and then meet the peeps at Trillium for breakfast. At 11 Emily has her Hotel School info session and tour to which I will accompany her (I'm wondering if she ever got ahold of anyone...). With whatever time we have left, we'll go back to Balch and hang out and chat and do girly things (I'll probably check my mail and get stuff together for CUIDC). Then we have to be at the unit at 5 for setting up the Drill decks and then shoeshine party with the fourth-class, pizza, and The Hangover. Then it will be off to the Anything Goes show to see Jackson! Then back to Balch and bed early to prepare for...
Saturday (20 Nov):
Report to the unit at 0520! Emily may or may not come at that time - otherwise she'll come at 0630/0730 to see our 'performance'. She can hang out topside while I run around for the rest of the day doing concessions, trash duty, and Platoon Basic. I am going to try and convince Paige or Lisa to climb the clock tower with Emily to hear a chimes concert at noon. Closing ceremonies are at 1730 and we will most likely be out of the unit by around 2000. We'll see though, and play it by ear. We might go to Jackson's show a second night, or just hang out and relax.
Sunday (21 Nov):
I have to be back at the unit at 0800 for clean up (Emily's presence is optional). Hopefully it wont take too long, so that we can go to Collegetown Bagels (CTB!) for brunch and then to St. Luke's for church at 10:45. Then we'll do the classic college campus tour and hopefully hit up the clock tower, bookstore, and libraries. Then we will do Holly Birthday dinner at Boatyard Grill with Jackson. Back to Balch to hang out, do work, and be happy.
Monday (22 Nov):
Emily's departure day! *sob*. I will skip math in the morning to hang out with her a bit more. I have class from 10:10-11 but in that time Jackson will pick up Emily from north and then get me at Goldwin-Smith for transport back to the airport. Goodbye, Emily! I hope the weekend was amazing! I loved having you here!

So that's the Holly-logisticified weekend. Standby.

No comments:

Post a Comment