November 1, 2010

Wonderful

It's been a wonderful day. In the literal sense of being full of wondering thoughts.

Do you ever think about what people will write about how society is right now in the future history books? I feel like every generation has been stereotyped by their collective actions in their teenage years. But there is nothing collective about us right now. It's ok to not go to college, but nearly everyone does. People major in all sorts of things. People pursue jobs regardless of race, ethnicity, and background. We are a mix of perspectives and emotions. We are so incredibly unique. There is no blanket characterization that will do us justice.

On a different note, what goes through people's heads on a daily basis. I mean, I know what goes through my head, but what about others? What do they think when they recognize people? How do they approach conversations? Do they marvel over the weather and the scenery like me or do they walk forward without a sideways glance, contemplating something that has not once flitted across my conscience?

It's all so curious. It's all so mysterious.

I think a lot and it prevents me from sleeping. It has become sort of an issue. How do you avoid thoughts just enough to turn off your brain, but manage to think enough during the day to keep up? It's all very jarring to the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment