January 1, 2011

Resolutions 2011

Yes, resolutions are cliche. Yes, most people make a list and by the end of January they have forgotten them or are entirely unsuccessful. Yes, I probably won't accomplish everything I want. But that doesn't make the principle any less important and powerful.

Resolutions are what keep us on track. The best people to be around are those who are driven, and it is hard to be driven if you have nothing to be driving towards. Goals keep us going when we feel like we have nothing to work for. Some can be concrete, success-measurable goals, while others are character traits or mental decisions. Every one helps to guide us towards becoming better people.

My Resolutions for 2011:

1. Improve my PFA score. My PFA score was a 185 this past semester. To pass unit standards I need a 225. Even if I don't pass this semester, I just want to improve. Perhaps shoot for 200 or higher?

2. Finish both Spring 2011/Fall 2011 with no grade lower than a C. I got a C- on Multivariable Calculus. I was thrilled to pass, but I don't want to cut it that close again.

3. Admit when I cannot handle my load. I have always been convinced that I could handle everything. To take care of myself, I need to come to terms with my limits.

4. Get all that I can out of CORTAMID. CORTRAMID is the summer training program for NROTC students between freshman and sophomore years. I hope to learn so much and but my best effort into every aspect.

5. Write a handwritten letter at least twice a week. I did alright at this over the past year, but I would like to be better. I love getting mail, and I want to return the favor, especially to my mom.

6. Be strong. I have had quite a year, and I need to maintain my mental strength to take on everything to come in the coming years of my life. Why not start now?

7. Put away at least $25 a month for saving. I wanted to buy so many Christmas presents this year and just did not have the funds. I will change that for next Christmas. I don't like being on financial edge all the time.

8. Eat better. I got better as the year progressed, but I need to keep an eye on my nutrient intake, especially with my low iron and constant health issues.

9. Never forget to be kind. I have always been proud of myself for being a kind person, but I want to be better this year. I want to show my gratitude for everyone around me and I want to be as supportive as possible of my friends and family.

Nine has always been a good number. I'd say those are good goals. Oh, unofficial tenth resolution: remind myself monthly of my resolutions.

All my love. Here is to a brand new year. Let's make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment