October 26, 2012

Political Unrest



This ad is quite possibly one of the most offensive things I've ever seen. I came away from it feeling disturbed, disrespected, and disgusted. A sexual innuendo has no place in a political campaign. Further, the ad oversimplifies women as voters. My skin was literally crawling for two hours. There is nothing acceptable about this ad, and someone with two young daughters should see that. I am baffled and appalled.

Of course this ad just resurrected all my negative feelings about this election. I hate that this is my first election and I am not happy with my options. I should be excited to vote, to throw my weight behind someone. But I am disappointed and that is a terrible feeling.

I wish there was a "I reject these candidates, give me new ones" option on my ballot.

And I still can't shake the lingering disgust and discomfort that the "My First Time" ad has left with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment