December 26, 2010

There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays



Funny enough, this is my first ever post from our Mississippi home. I've been home for a week and a half now. It has been wonderful - I have caught up on sleep (I woke up on my own!), visited with my family, relaxed, celebrated (a surprisingly white!) Christmas, and read some. Christmas was wonderful. Mama kept going on and on about not getting to excited, but I thought it was a very good year. I got some cold-weather running gear (which was put to good use this morning running with my parents and Nigel as it snowed lightly), lots of new shoes, a purse, some Navy ornaments for the tree, a beautiful Vera Bradley garment bag, a Ralph Lauren robe, along with a few other things. Christmas Eve we went to the candlelight ceremony at the church which was really nice (despite Pearson sleeping in my lap through the whole thing, haha). We all enjoyed each other's company and Genie and JJ's as well Christmas morning. We had wonderful family dinner Christmas Day with everyone over at our house. I was sad to go to bed that night since Christmas is my favorite time of the year.

I've started to overlap with my grandma a little bit - and I am hoping that my mom was right... that I don't seem grandmotherly, I just have personality. I mean, I am who I am, but sometimes I worry that I am too worrisome (ironic, isn't it?) and quirky.

We took some beautiful photos for Daddy for Christmas. One of his residents's husband took them in the park and at Aunt B's house.


Three Generations

Daddy's Women

I have to say, I have only really lived in Mississippi for a summer, but it feels like home. It really does. I was telling Emily the other night that somehow this house feels like my childhood home, it's a place I look forward to bringing my kids to one day. I have learned a lot about what kind of parent I hope to be just from the past few months. I know that sounds vague - when I figure out a way to word it I'll write up a post with my thoughts.

I am not very excited about Emily going back to school and everyone getting back into work mode and Genie and JJ leaving because when I'm alone I think too much. I miss Jackson because I feel like we were together constantly at school and I could just pour out my thoughts. I mean, I still can, but it's not quite the same over text. I worry about the upcoming semester and I worry about distant-but-not-really-that-distant Navy life. Sometimes I really wish I was stupid and my brain didn't run around so frantically. Perhaps I will find nerdy occupation for myself working on a Google or iPhone App (yes, just for fun). I also better start working out a little harder so that my inventory PFA when I get back to school doesn't quite kick my butt.

I plan to be pretty regular blogging so that I have a record of college life and so I get into the habit for when I go into the "Big Navy" and want to let everyone know how that is going. In the meantime, I suppose my posts will be relatively boring and insignificant, but it always makes me feel better to write even if it doesn't really go anywhere.

Oh and P.S. I PASSED CALCULUS. Yay C-!
First Semester GPA: 2.843. Not great, but definitely not awful!

Maybe I'll write a few more thoughts before the close of 2010. Actually, I will for sure. A recap of sorts, if you will. After all, it's been quite a year.

Until then, lots of love from my red checkered chair. Xox.

No comments:

Post a Comment