May 8, 2011

My Mama

Now I know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side
Even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
Staying back and watching me shine

And I didn't know if you knew
So I'm taking this chance to say
That I had the best day
With you today

- Taylor Swift

There's nothing like mamas. There is nothing better than snuggling in her bed, having her braid my hair, smelling bacon in the morning, or laughing, crying, and squealing together watching David Tutera. And my mama is wonderful. She wrote me a poem earlier this year, one of those "H is for" but she connected the entire thing and it was the most amazingly accurate, totally sweet thing in the world and I plan on hanging it up in every single room I have from now until ever. Thanks to my mama, I grew up well, and turned into a person that I hope makes her proud. She is there for me, sometimes with tough love, but always with love. She understands me, she looks out for me, and wants the best for me and my sistser.

I am so greatful for my mama. I have had a million best days with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment