February 27, 2010

Mississippi ♥

I feel like I've come home. I grew up in so many different houses and it has always felt like Mississippi as been my one anchor. I come here and feel so content and at peace with my life. Everyone is so kind and thoughtful. The area is stunning. The houses are absolutely beautiful. Everything is so rich with history and love. The sunsets here are happy and warm. The sunrises are welcoming - I got up and watched this morning at 5:15. I love sitting on my aunt's porch in her wicker rocking chairs reading to my heart's content. I smile constantly when I'm here.

Today we went to the Ole Miss baseball game. It felt like such a supportive community coming together. I am so glad I've felt this feeling. It makes me so much happier with life. People really are good. Oxford is such a wonderful little town. I cannot wait to go walk around the Square. There is something so satisfying about being in such a kind community. I feel happy and content and safe and at home.

I know I will probably never live here - as much as I would LOVE to live in one of the beautiful plantation homes seen everywhere. But I do plan to visit regularly. It really truly recharges my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment