October 15, 2010

From A Window Seat

It's a strange sensation - feeling like you've grown up. I feel like I've changed at school. I've become more mature. I've learned much about myself.

People are so fascinatingly strange. I love and hate them all at once. They can be so hard to understand yet impossible to ignore. I feel quite anonymous here - it is still to be determined if that is a good or bad thing.

I'm scheduled. I'm determined. I've stopped caring so much about making sure that I look any particular way. I do what is important for me. It sounds selfish but I've never done that before. It's refreshing, in a way. I've learned to be a self-advocate.

I'm strong. I may struggle, but I will always know that I am strong. No one can take that away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment